Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following posts:
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
Department of Crop & Soil Sciences
Irrigation Engineering Technician/Senior Irrigation Technician; Irrigation Engineering (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
• Train and supervises junior staff in the proper work methods/procedures and in the preparation of practicals for students.
• Demonstrates the use of topographical surveying equipment, mapping and drawing equipment/instruments, farm machinery and equipment, hydrological instruments GIS to students.
• Assists lecturing staff carrying out research/projects by setting up apparatus and preparing required materials/chemicals (where appropriate).
• Assists students in carrying out work related to projects.
• Assists in the operation, maintenance and repair of irrigation equipment.
Deputises in the absence of the Chief Technician (where appropriate).
• Organises and coordinates practicals for students/Lecturers as per schedule.
• Carries out any other duties assigned to him by the Head of Department.
Qualifications And Experience
• Ideally, the successful candidate should possess a Bachelor of Sciences (Hons) Degree in Irrigation Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Water Resources or Natural Resources Management with a degree class of 2.1 or better with 3 years work experience. Successful candidates will be expected to organise all practical sessions. In addition the incumbent will be expected to assist academic staff with their research projects. He/she must demonstrate commitment to selfadvancement within the academic and research environment of the University.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to email@example.com. The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate and National Identity Card.
Documents arranged in the order above must be addressed to;
Senior Assistant Registrar
Human Resources Section
Lupane State University
PO Box 170
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 04 March 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.