Family Aid Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to improve people’s livelihood, Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV Prevention, HIV and AIDS care and support as well as health activities. FACT seeks the services of project staff for an anticipated DREAMS project. The project will implement i) HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention; ii) Combination of socioeconomic approaches for AGYW including financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships; and iii) addressing harmful gender and community norms
Position: HIV Prevention Project Officer X3
Reporting to: District Coordinator
Location: Mutare, Chipinge Makoni Districts
Purpose of the job: FACT Zimbabwe seeks an experienced candidate to be engaged as The HIV Prevention Project Officer (PO) for the anticipated DREAMS Project will be responsible for the implementation of and supervision of the delivery of the primary package to Adolescent Girls and Young women in their different age bands. S/he will be responsible for specifically providing leadership in quality delivery of HIV prevention programming and service delivery to address adolescent needs. The POs will work with district staff on technical aspects of program implementation to ensure AGYW are enrolled, receive the primary package and are referred for the secondary services as needed.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all assigned DREAMS project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with FACT program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices;
• Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to DREAMS plans and implementation schedules;
• Liaise with the M&E team in tracking and reporting related targets;
• Supervise Community facilitators implementing the curriculum based intervention, conducting regular monitoring visits and meetings with the cadres; capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact;
• Complete project documentation for assigned activities and Maintaining records of their activities and report to the district coordinator on a weekly basis;
• Collect information on technical assistance needs of LIPs;
• Provide technical support and monitor;
• Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices. Actively engage in dissemination and use of relevant knowledge in the field.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned DREAMS activities per donor and FACT standards and established schedules.
• Keep abreast emerging research and best practices in adolescent/DREAMS programming and ensure that information is shared in an appropriate manner.
• Work with District Coordinator to network and represent the project at various forums / stakeholders’ meetings.
• In liaison with the District Coordinator, roll-out evidence-based HIV / GBV prevention curricula, using the Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE), and IMPower curricula
• Work directly with school and community authorities and committees,
• Provide administrative and logistical support to IMPower Instructors, other community based facilitators;
• Consolidate routine program reports on delivery of primary package and secondary services provided.
Qualifications And Experience
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Health, Community Development, Gender, International Development or a related field. Master’s degree will be a plus.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in implementing adolescent focused integrated HIV/AIDS, DREAMS/Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) and other health related projects
• Excellent understanding of GOZ structures especially the MoHCC working structures or having worked with the MoHCC.
• Strong technical and programmatic skills and experience across a range of adolescent issues and topics.
• Training and knowledge in community HIV/AIDS prevention and working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW).
• In-depth understanding of donor expectations for program results, outcomes, impact, and reporting
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit application letters together with detailed CV to email@example.com : not later than 28 February 2022 COB. Please write the name of the post on the subject of the email e.g “ECONOMIC STRENGHTENING OFFICER”.
-FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may come into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
-FACT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified.