VICE President Constantino Chiwenga Saturday evening reintroduced stricter lockdown measures, which will see all workers, save for essential services, not allowed to go to work during the 30-day period.
Chiwenga, who doubles as the health minister, also announced the following measures:
- Stiff lockdown with immediate effect
- Only essential services to remain open
- Gatherings of not more than 30 people at funerals
- Weddings, funerals, gyms, restaurants, bars banned for 30 days
- Correct wearing of face masks, social distancing, hand sanitisation and temp checks to be strictly enforced
- Other commercial services mining, manufacturing and agriculture to operate as before
- Open from 8am and close at 3pm
- People must stay at home save for buying food or medicines.
- Curfew 6pm to 6am
- Air transport to continue as before
- Formal business and registered informal traders suspended for 30 days
- Only exam classes are to open now
- facilities and national parks to operate subject to usual health conditions
- Cross boarded traders banned save for commercial and transit cargo for essential and critical services
- Restaurants and bars closed for 30 days.