An exciting opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified and self-driven individuals in a leading retail company for the position of a Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving business performance through managing the finance department activities effectively and efficiently to ensure a financial and costing system which safeguards the resources of the company, enable prudent cash flow management, ensure costs are monitored within budgeted levels, accurate and timely financial and management information reporting that assists in informed decision making as well as compliance with stated accounting policies, IFRS and statutory requirements.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports ensuring timely submission according to agreed timelines so as to provide information for decision making.
• Analyses and understands the information requirements of various business divisions and provides senior management with the financial information required for decision making.
• Coordinate development of divisional budgets for approval by Finance Director to ensure that resources are provided well in advance for divisions to execute their duties.
• Ensure the production of daily cash flow and trade projections for planning purposes.
• Develop, implement, and review internal control procedures and processes to prevent and mitigate risks associated with pilferage, fraud and misuse of company resources.
• Reviews debtors and creditors control reconciliation statements monthly so as to track to ensure the integrity of the organisation’s financial records.
• Review of all requisitions, purchase orders, requests for payments, ledger input and payment vouchers to ensure that supporting documentation is as per policy and other approved financial guidelines.
• Astute working capital management skills. Review actual expenditure against the budget and explain variances with the relevant divisional members to correct any anomalies if any and provide solutions.
• Planning and effective control of expenditure by monitoring expenditure through monthly Budgets Vs. actual reports to avoid exceeding the budgeted expenditure.
• Ensures that all assets are properly accounted for and that correct depreciation rates are being applied to all assets.
• Monitor and evaluate performance of staff on an ongoing basis to enhance the capacity of the department
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal person must possess the following:
• Degree in Finance or Accounting
• A professional qualification e.g. Full ACCA/CIMA or CIS is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Retail, FMCG and Manufacturing Industries
How To Apply
Candidates who possess the qualifications and experience should send their detailed CVs to email@example.com with title Finance Manager in the subject line no later than Monday 21 February 2022.