Africa University, a Pan African, United Methodist Church Related institution in Zimbabwe that recruits students and staff globally, is inviting applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, the Dean is a Senior Academic Administrator of major importance to the University and his role is to provide leadership in his/her academic unit.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience
- An earned doctorate degree in Medicine, Agriculture, Natural Resources, Laboratory Sciences or any other related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in a university management position, such as Head of Department or Director of Programme
- A track record of teaching, research, publication, innovation and Industrialisation with distinctive experience in leadership and education management in a university
- Broad knowledge of the College’s diverse disciplines including Nursing, Public Health, Laboratory Sciences, Natural Resources al Medicine
- Should have experience in managing diversity and thriving in an international and multicultural environment
- Should have experience in strategic positioning by creating and seizing opportunities for the College through writing grant proposals, carrying out sponsored research, innovation and industrialization of products and services developed by the College.
- Should have previous exposure to providing oversight and support for national and international wide student recruitment and retention activities;
- Responsible for providing academic leadership for the College in a highly volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) environment by ensuring that the College is always evolving and looking into future prospects by developing and strategies to boost student numbers and to ensure sustainability of the College
- Ensuring that appropriate systems to support strategic objectives are developed and implemented through long term objectives formulation of budgets, resource allocation and income generation.
- Ensuring that in line with ZIMCHE regulations, all programmes meet the minimum body of knowledge requirements and are set apart from similar programmes at other universities by regularly updating and creating new programmes that are unique, relevant and attractive to the target market
- In line with the Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development Ministry, drive for Education 5.0, the Dean will be expected to work hand in hand with 15 Hub (Innovation Unit of the University) to spearhead and motivate staff and students in the College to come up with relevant ideas ailz1vations and should have plans of industrialization by running businesses.
- Developing strategic professional relationships at all levels within the University and externally with appropriate stakeholders to ensure strong mutual beneficial relationships;
- Providing leadership in coming up with specialised me thicr4 effective online teaching for the different College disciplines
- Developing long-term staff plans taking into account retirements, professional development of College staff and recruitment of new of
- Ensuring timeous performance reviews and feedback is given to oil staff in the College.
- Assisting in developing and reviewing overall university academic policies
- Allocating teaching load to qualified teaching staff within the College and were necessary recommendations for the appointment of port-time staff
- Encouraging improvement in teaching, research and community service and professional development among all members of the College
- Operating as a member of various University Committees including senate
Applications together with a copy (11 application is in hard copy format) of your Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal, addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P.O Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email: firstname.lastname@example.org