Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution:
1.2.1 Assistant Internal Auditor (2 Posts)
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carrying out internal audits of operations to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures;
• Reviewing all systems of University operations;
• Reviewing existence, adequacy and application of University policies, guidelines and set procedures;
• Carrying out compliance and substantive tests to evaluate the effectiveness of internal control systems and substantive tests to evaluate accuracy and completeness of accounting records;
• Carrying out special audits as directed by the University;
• Preparing audit reports in line with the best standards;
• Evaluating physical controls to safeguard University assets;
• Carrying out spot checks on regular basis;
• Carrying out any other duties assigned relating to auditing.
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have at least a degree in Accounting or Auditing plus two (2) years relevant working experience. Possession of professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, SAAA, CIS/ CIA will be an added advantage. In addition, applicants must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.